Automatic Drawing View Creation
Using 2D design tools to create detailed drawings that capture all of the important features of your design is time-consuming. You need to add the appropriate associative dimensions, but you can’t change or scale views quickly without changing the geometry, and detailing all the components in an assembly and documenting them into a Bill of Materials (BOMs) takes even more time. Fortunately, there is a better, easier way to create clear and accurate designs and documentation using a 3D modeling solution like SOLIDWORKS®3D CAD software.
SOLIDWORKS saves you time, reduces complexity, and decreases your chances for errors and rework. With SOLIDWORKS you can:
- Drag and drop standard views for a part onto a drawing
- Scale detailed and resize section views in real-time
- Display different internal and external perspectives of an assembly with rotated views
- Create exploded views of assemblies instantly
- Add dimensions to an entire model or place them on specific views
- Automatically generate a BOM table to assembly drawing views
Watch how easy it is below:
Video: Automatic Drawing View Creation and Updates
With SOLIDWORKS, simply drag and drop your 3D model into a drawing to create views—or drag and drop predefined drawing views from a palette. Drawing views are always current with the 3D model. All drawing views reflect design changes automatically, eliminating the chance of having out of date or incorrect information.